Saturday 23 March 2013

Michelle Obama for April'13 Vogue US Cover


First lady (of style) Michelle Obama graces the cover of Vogue for a second time (making history) in the magazine's April 13 issue, which focuses on "the beauty and well-being of women's bodies." Her first stint on the cover of Vogue was in March 2009.


Photographed by Annie Leibovitz, perfectly poised Michelle sports her famous bangs and flaunts amazingly toned arms in a cerulean blue sleeveless Reed Krakoff sheath (from her closet) and Kimberly McDonald geode-and-diamond drop earrings. 


President Obama, who also is featured inside and in photographs with his wife, reveals what Michelle has taught him and explains their differences. He is dressed in a pinstriped shirt and a blue tie. Inside there is another shot of Michelle wearing an elegant Michael Kors ball skirt and sweater.


Here is what the first lady had to say on the importance of family: “Our job is, first and foremost, to make sure our family is whole. You know, we have small kids; they’re growing every day. But I think we were both pretty straightforward when we said, Our No. 1 priority is making sure that our family is whole.”


On what she’s learned from her husband: “Well, patience and calm I’m borrowing. Or trying to mirror. I’ve learned that from my husband, that sort of, you know, ability to not get too high or too low with changes and bumps in the road. . . to do more breathing in and just going with it. I’m learning that every day. And to the extent that I’ve made changes in my life, it’s just sort of stepping back and seeing a change not as something to guard against but as a wonderful addition . . . that can make life fun and unexpected.”


This is what Michelle had to say about her husband’s fashion challenges "This is the man who still boasts about, 'This khaki pair of pants I've had since I was 20'," .On the other hand President Obama jokes about how his wife has contributed in improving his sartorial style. “Michelle’s like Beyoncé in that song: ‘Let me upgrade ya!’ She upgraded me,” he says. On being asked what he has learnt from his wife: "What Michelle has done is to remind me every day of the virtues of order. Being on time. Hanging up your clothes. Being intentional about planning time with your kids." 


On fashion and her sartorial choices this is what Michelle had to say: "I also believe that if you're comfortable in your clothes it's easy to connect with people and make them feel comfortable as well. In every interaction that I have with people, I always want to show them my most authentic self,"


The April issue of Vogue hits stands March 26.






(Photo Credit: Vogue)

No comments:

Post a Comment