Sunday 17 March 2013

Givenchy Fall 2013


The Fall 2013 collection for Givenchy by Ricardo Tisci was a personal interpretation of his early days as a designer. It was also about the very idea of "future feminism" as the show note mentioned.

Here is what Mr.Tisci had to say about the inspiration for his latest offering, " I always go to the Givenchy archives. By accident I was in the room with all my stuff and I found things I did when I was younger that I did here in different ways. Its eight years this season that I’ve been at the house. I was like a gypsy—you know, gypsies are always recycling old clothes. It was really one of the most fun collections I’ve done in my career.”

The collection with a strong essence of classic Gypsy culture and attention to details had a contemporary twist that featured sweatshirts, graphic tops, prints, skirts and biker jackets which definitely has lot of retail potential. Tisci replaced his iconic Rottweiler print with Bambi on sweatshirts - reminiscent of his child hood days. Gypsy inspired patchwork, embellishments, paisley patterns, peplum –made out of top-torn motorcycle jackets, lace, sheer tulle skirts, relaxed silhouette, cinched waist and unconventional mix of rose prints and plaid - something that Tisci could only do -  were some of the outstanding features of this romantic, modern, cute (Read:Bambi)  and graceful collection .
















(Photo Credit : style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment